elektropastete relaunches inverted-audio.com.
inverted audio is an electronic music magazine based in london:
“our aim is to promote young and upcoming talent whilst reviewing and interviewing not only musicians but anyone who is pushing the boundaries of their creativity.”
the creative brief was to visually transform inverted audio from a blog to a magazine. we took ia’s existing content and corporate identity and gave it a crisp tactile look and feel to it. we designed the site in order to give the site the look and appearance of a tangible luxury magazine. one of the main aims of the revamp was to enhance inverted audio’s visual content.
- we reintroduced artwork as an important part of music, since we now live in a time of digital downloads and 100 pixel artwork, ia wanted to celebrate this overlooked element of music.
- we designed ia’s category pages to display content in a grid formation, with the aim to make readers choose content that attracted them visually, like we all did when we used to go into a record store and buy records on impulse, simply because of its artwork.
- for article pages we juxtaposed the artwork alongside its written content in order to display both the artwork and copy simultaneously.
- we programmed the magazines page background to change every 60 minutes in order to make the readers experience different each time they visit the magazine. this also enabled ia to feature visual artists throughout the site.
- for the sites launch ia invited michael cina to showcase his artworks, which we believe gives the site a real sense of depth.
- we also redesigned ia’s mix series artworks. we took the original and placed it within an urban environment in hackney, east london and photographed it, we then placed the artwork within the image.
since the magazine’s relaunch in february, inverted audio has significantly increased site visits, unique users and average page-views by 150%.
ia also received an impressive amount of positive feedback from industry heavyweights such as kompakt, citinite, hotflush, border community, live at robert johnson, juno records, fact magazine, we play house recordings and of course many of their featured artists and loyal readers.
ia’s site traffic increased by 60%.
- built on wordpress in html5
- developed an mp3 music player specifically for inverted audio
- built in tracklist, slideshow, search, music archive
- least but not last, page performance was optimized by factor 2.4 (ff 3.6)
Posted in interactive by moco on February 22nd, 2011.
Tags: corporate design, flash mp3 player, html5, inverted audio, jQuery, london, mike cina, music magazine, relaunch, wordpress