LO VII: prism wave @ die rakete
say HI! to our first permanent LED installation at die-rakete nightclub, nuremberg!
project aim / brief
- create a unique led installation to distinguish the club from its competitors
- make the installation easy to use for DJs and other crew members without background in lighting to avoid the need for a dedicated lighting technician.
- make it so novice users are able to produce an aesthetically pleasant and visually refined light show.
plug & play …
there are several basic loops that can be combined freely. all loops can be colored individually to achieve a maximum of variety. still the user is able to override the running program with four additional effects: single flash, strobe, whiteout and blackout. the user can easily adjust the speed of the light show to the tempo of the music played via a master bpm knob. resync is also implemented.
14 fully DMX-controllable RGB LED lights
- 14 x 1 pixel rgb loops in quicktime movie files are the “samples”, where each pixel defines the intensity for one LED object
- the user triggers and combines these loops by a nano korg midi interface
- a puredata patch on a laptop sends RGB values to the ENTTEC USB DMX adapter
- custom built DMX receivers in the perspex objects transform these values to electric pulses for each LED stripe (pulse width modulation)
Tags: die rakete, dmx, installation, led, led stripe, light object, nuremberg, permanent, perspex